.CO Request for Proposal
Get Started selling .CO!
As part of the initial Get Started phase of the .CO Registrar Accreditation Process, the .CO Registry has implemented a Request for Proposal to identify the strategic partnerships that will best strengthen the .CO marketing position. Outlined below are the steps you will need to review and fulfill prior to submitting the RFP.
For more information, please see our Registrar Accreditation FAQs or contact Accreditation@COinternet.co.
All Accredited Registrar candidates must submit the following documentation via email to Accreditation@COinternet.co.
Download the RFP Process here (PDF)
Cover letter stating intent to become a .CO Accredited Registrar.
Proof of ICANN Accreditation
- IANA Identification
- ICANN Accreditation to offer at least .com, .net, and .biz domain names as identified on the ICANN website at http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html.
Description of business model for selling Top-Level Domain Names (Corporate, Retail, Hosting Provider, Reseller or Combination)
- Number of customers
- Geographic distribution of customers (Top 10 markets)
- Business growth rate
- Total Domains Under Management (DUM) by Top 10 TLDs
- Geographic market share
- Overall TLD market share
- Number of hosting customers
- Market growth rate of hosting customers
Proposed Business Plan for marketing .CO domain names during the 1st year of Accreditation that includes the following*:
- Quantify target audience for selling .CO domain names
- Marketing Placements: For each of the items below, please describe the minimum efforts and/or resources that will be allocated for the sale of .CO domain names [based on the Wholesale Price]:
- Retail front of site placements
- Search results pages placement
- Media commitments including and/or exclusive to promotion of the .CO TLD
- Email marketing & newsletter placements
- Proposal & Plan for driving sales through a Reseller network
- Other Marketing initiatives as identified by the Inquiring Registrar
- Estimated projected monthly volume of .CO domain sales
- Any other considerations to help inform the .CO Registry regarding the promotion of the .CO TLD
* * * * * * * * * *
Please note there are 20 slots available for potential Accredited Registrar candidates to fill, through April 2012. In selecting Accredited Registrars, .CO Internet SAS reserves the right, in its full discretion, to approve and/or disapprove any candidate. Every Accredited Registrar candidate that applies may not be approved and .CO Internet shall not be liable to the applicant in any way.